We have one & two day options available.
Basic Confined Space Course: $280.00 + GST
Full Confined Space Course: $495.00 + GST
To impart knowledge and awareness of hazards within confined spaces; To ensure that a person can set-up and work within a Confined Space safely, and become an asset to a confined space working team. Ensuring trainees understand the dangers, and can work through suitable mitigation / controls to make the work as safe as possible.
FULL COURSE DETAILS
Benefits: Clients have said that staff have improved their safety standards within their working Confined Space environments. They also have noticed that their work-rate has improved due to a combination of knowledge of their Confined Space equipment and its limitations, and therefore, greater trust in their equipment. When an employee trusts their equipment, they naturally can concentrate more on the work at hand, rather than being flustered with negative thoughts.
Duration: This depends on the course / NZQA unit standards, the duration’s are as follows:
Basic Confined Space Course: This is our one day course, and it covers unit standard 18426 -Demonstrate Knowledge of Hazards Associated with Confined Spaces. Cost $280 + GST (Including NZQA credits).
Unit Standard 25510 – Operate a Gas Testing Device to Determine a Suitable Atmosphere Exists to Work Safely, can be added to this, but it makes for a very full day, so trainees need to be advised. Cost $310 + GST (Including NZQA credits).
Full Confined Space Course: Two complete days (extra days may be required if specific rescue training, Breathing Apparatus, or Permit to Work training is requested). The course is specifically written to include the contents of NZQA unit standards:
- 18426 – Demonstrate Knowledge of Hazards Associated with Confined Spaces
- 25510 – Operate a Gas Testing Device to Determine a Suitable Atmosphere Exists to Work Safely
- 17599 – Plan a Confined Space Entry Cost of full course is $525 + GST (Including NZQA credits)
So What’s Involved? We have designed the course to cover in depth:
- The Health & Safety at Work Act 2015, associated Regulations, “The Standard” for Safe Work in Confined spaces (AS2865:2009), and how these all fit together.
- Methods of entry and exit into confined spaces.
- Confined Space restrictions, and their effect on patient recovery in the event of incident.
- Types of gases that can be found in common Confined Spaces (eg sewer’s, tanks, silo’s, pits, process vessels etc).
- Hazards associated with Gas Testing over Gas Monitoring.
- Suspension Trauma, and its effects on the human body.
- Duties of Safety Personal, and the risks associated with these tasks.
- Isolation of Confined Space Hazards (lockout methods) vs Minimisation (use of PPE and Breathing Apparatus).
- The courses also cover a very wide range of equipment associated with Confined Space (CS) work, and its appropriate use and maintenance.
- The need for a rescue plan whenever working in CS, and the basic requirements that must be covered in these rescue plans.
The one day (the Confined Space Hazards course) only has a short practical component.
The two day –full course, as a far more thorough practical component, where the trainees complete several confined space entries. The practical component of the course covers the visual checking of the Confined Space (externally) to ensure that the written plan that the trainee has developed, will actually work in the practical environment. The trainee with then check for safety, fit, and work in a Confined Space harness; design and set up a basic method of making entry to and exit from a Confined Space; Gas Test the environment; make safe entry and exit from the Confined Space. Rescue simulations / scenarios are run, showing many methods that can be used to conduct a rescue.
For course bookings or any questions, either give us a
call on 0800 135 483 (0800 1ELITE) or email us below